Coconut flour can be lumpy so I use the magimix. I sometimes mix by hand initially then wait five or ten minutes and whizz in the processor - the coconut flour absorbs the moisture over five to ten minutes and doing a second mix seems to result in a lighter batter that will rise more in the oven
This recipe makes 12 muffins and the cakes can be frozen.
40g coconut flour
75g of softened butter or coconut oil
4 large eggs
2 tbsp honey
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
Approx 50g of raisins or sultanas (we like lots!)
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 350F / 180C
- Mix eggs and honey and softened butter in either a large bowl or a processor
- Blend in salt, flour, bicarbonate of soda (ensure all lumps are removed)
- Mix in raisins
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases (I use 2 at a time to prevent burnt bottoms)
- Bake for approx 20 mins.
- To check if they are cooked see if a cocktail stick comes out clean. They should also be springy to the touch. They will look 'wetter' than a cake made out of ordinary flour due to the different properties of the ingredients